Cement Mortar Lining - in Situ
Cement mortar lining can be applied in situ (in-place) to existing pipelines after cleaning the line, providing the following significant benefits:
- Savings of up to 90% of the cost of replacing the existing pipe.
- Protection to existing pipes even when they have been perforated by corrosion.
- Leakages can be stopped.
Cement mortar lining can also be applied in situ to new pipelines after installation, providing the following significant benefits:
- Joints are lined over in the course of normal lining operations providing a superior cover.
- Linings applied in situ can be thinner than those that must withstand transportation, providing a greater effective cross sectional area.
- Possible damage of shop applied linings during handling and transportation is eliminated.
- Reduces the handling between the manufacturer and installation of the pipe.
Raymond has rehabilitated many existing pipelines during critical shutdown periods, minimizing the duration times are out of service.